Not all document shredding companies are the same.Here is what makes the difference:
1. Are there written policies and procedures and do advertised claims match what is practiced?
It is easy to make claims and promises when there is no one verification. As a BNBA A+ Certified Company, since 2004, Neighborhood Parcel Shredding Service has gone beyond claims and promises by submitting to a close examination of every aspect of our security. While BNBA sets the criteria for certification, an impartial, independent security professional conducts the actual annual audit. Part of the documents reviewed is our policy and procedure manual, employment records, promotional materials, logs and paperwork to verify that we continually meet the stringent certification requirements. Facility security, monitoring systems, destruction equipment and access control systems must also stand up to the auditor's inspection.
2. Who handles my confidential documents?
The growing number of Federal and State laws and regulations requiring information protection emphasize the responsibility to make careful decisions about how data is handled and who handles it. Our employees undergo random drug screening, intensive employment history verification and criminal background checks (performed by a third party contractor), sign a confidentiality agreement. By selecting Neighborhood Parcel Secure Shredding, a BNBA Certified Contractor, you demonstrate that you have made your choice about information protection with care, diligence and respect for the law.
3. What is BNBA Certified?
Most shredding companies in Massachusetts are BNBA members and claim to abide by BNBA Code of Ethics but very few are A+ Certified for plant based shredding operations.
Neighborhood Parcel has held BNBA AAA+ Certification since 2006 for both plant based and Drop-off shredding operations.
Secure Shredding Service Features:
1. All employees including officers, owners, partners etc. must undergo random drug screening, intensive employment history verification and criminal background checks, sign a confidentiality agreement.
2. Annual random employee criminal searches.
3. Policies and Procedures Manual
4. Sign in logs - all visitors must sign the visitor log and must be escorted at all times while in the plant.
5. Monitored 24/7 alarm system back by close circuit camera system.
6. Closed circuit camera system monitoring all access points and are able to clearly identify individuals and their activities (recorded and available for at least 45 days)
4. Are materials destroyed fast?
Some shredding companies pre-sort your documents into different recycling paper grades prior to shredding. This process can delay the shredding of your documents for several days, if not weeks leaving your papers vulnerable...
Neighborhood Parcel does not pre-sort your documents. Whether its manila folders, copy paper, report covers etc. it is all shredded together and done within 24 -72 Hrs as dictated by our BNBA certification.
5. How do we dispose of the shredded paper?
It's a common practice for Mobile and Off-site document shredding companies to make a run to the local land fill at the end of the day.. Neighborhood Parcel collects the shredded paper from its mobile and plant based operations and bales it into 1,400 pound bales, which is then sent off to be 100% recycled.
This Article made Possible by Neighborhood Parcel, for more info, visit us online here, or call (978)636-0301Tags: document shredding, paper shredding, shredder, shredding